He joined his partners to break away and do things on their own terms.
Lead the way by becoming an RIA
If you’re anything like your peers, you expect to utilize more technology, enjoy better flexibility and engage in meaningful work that’s rewarding on every level—all potential opportunities that come with becoming an independent RIA. And whether you’ve been advising for a few years or are a student thinking about a career in an RIA firm, it might be time to consider the possibilities that becoming an RIA can bring.
The future of the industry in numbers
- 1. FA Insight, The 2017 FA Insight Study of Advisory Firms: People and Pay Executive Summary.
- 2. Cerulli Associates, Advisor Metrics 2016.
- 3. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition.
- 4. Direct Recruiters, Inc., How Millennials Are Changing the Workplace, Accessed August 23, 2017, http://www.directrecruiters.com/uncategorized/blog/millennials-changing-workplace.
- FA Insight is a product of TD Ameritrade Institutional, Division of TD Ameritrade, Inc. FA Insight is a trademark owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc.
One way that TD Ameritrade Institutional promotes careers in financial planning and attracts top talent to the industry is by providing scholarships to deserving students seeking a career in financial planning and grants to universities that show a commitment to the profession.
This free resource connects candidates like you to job and internship opportunities across the country. Start exploring today by creating an account, posting your resume and browsing the available jobs and internships.
As you prepare to enter the workforce, there are a lot of decisions to make. Not least of which is figuring out the advising model that’s right for you. Not sure which path to take? Use this helpful guide to learn more about the industry and determine the route that’s right for you.
Seasoned advisors agree—having the right custodian can be crucial to evolving and growing your career. To help you get a better idea of what to look for in this relationship, we’ve gathered the advice of RIAs into this helpful infographic.
We’ll help you
Thinking of becoming an RIA, but unsure of the financial implications? Learn more about the potential benefits with our RIA Economic Evaluator.
Become an RIA in
From choosing the right business model to helping your firm thrive after transition, you may have a lot of questions about becoming an independent RIA. Get the answers you’re looking for in our guidebook, Becoming an Independent RIA.
Ready to go out on your own? Let’s do some math. Use this worksheet to keep track of what your startup costs may be.
Transitioning to independence could be a win for you and your clients. Find out what other Advisors have to say about what it’s like on the other side.